King Jeroboam II

This seal is a bronze cast replica of the original found at Megiddo in c. 1904. The Hebrew lettering reads, “belonging to Shema, servant of Jeroboam.” Scholars believe that the original seal was from King Jeroboam II* who is referred to in such passages as 2 Kings 13:13. The original was made in the 8th century BC of jasper and measured about 1 x 1.5 inches. Unfortunately, the original is now lost but the replica remains in a private collection.